Pages

Image Map

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thirteen in 13

I am sitting here in my dining room watching the snow fall out the window.  We have about 12 inches already, and it is still coming down.  But don't worry, it has to get better.  The forecast for Monday (the day we go back to school), the high is supposed to be -8!  Ugh!

I am linking up today with Miss Kindergarten, Dragonflies in First, and A Teeny Tiny Teacher for a look back at 2013.


It has been a crazy, busy year.  Here is what I have been up to.



I don't really have a favorite article of clothing.  Anything comfortable.  I have been buying some new clothes lately (lost weight and my pants keep falling down darn it).  My new favorite store is Maurices.


Frozen was so cute!  I have always been a Disney fan.  Growing up The Little Mermaid and The Lion King were my favorites.  This is my new favorite.  The music is outstanding!  The talented singers really make the movie.




I am completely addicted to a couple of shows.  Right now my favorites are:




My absolute favorite restaurant is on Maui, but I don't get to go there very often.  It is called Mamma's Fish House.  My second favorite is The Melting Pot.




I have been using a new calendar app for the past 4 months.  I LOVE it!  So much better than Google calendar.  After the new version of the iPhone, the calendars on it were not so appealing to me anymore.  I love this new one.  It is called CalenMob.  Try it, you'll love it!



I have always felt like after 15 years of marriage, you should be able to re-register.  Towels are starting to fray and rip, your pots and pans are starting age, and the colors in your house have probably changed.  So, I have been eyeing these new dishes for about 3 years.  My mom got a great deal this year at Kohl's and bought them for me.  I told her that I didn't need them.  She said that is what Christmas is about, getting something that you don't need, but want.  I love her for that!


I love this inspirational quote.  This seems to be the theme of my resolutions for the new year.




As you will see in #4 below, we added to our family with our adoption of a Golden-Chow mix named Lilah.  So, I am in a doggie honeymoon stage right now.  I love this post from my good friend Matt Sutton over at Digital Divide and Conquer about his dog.  Made me cry and laugh.  I think it was the motivation I needed to actually look for our newest addition.




This past year has been a great accomplishment for me.  I started my Teachers Pay Teachers store and started this little blog of mine.  This has been such a wonderful learning experience for me.  I think every week, I learn something new.  I can't think of a better accomplishment.


I have way too many pictures that are my favorites, but this is my latest favorite.  The newest member of our family (more to come on that later) has not been spayed, so we have resorted to using doggie diapers until we can get it done.  They really are kind of cute!



My husband and I were able to go to Maui in the summer of 2013.  It was an amazing trip!  This is me at the top of Mt. Haleakala.

My goal for 2014 is to blog at least once a week.  I have other personal goals but I will probably share them in another blog post.


When I get overwhelmed, this word always seems to bring me back to center and what is important.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment