Pages

Image Map

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

I hope you all are feeling as relaxed as I am.  This Sunday is bringing me peace and feeling wonderful catching up on all of the things that have been neglected the last few weeks.  

Today, I am linking up with Michelle over at Fabulous In First.  She put together a great little questionnaire about Christmas.  Some were very easy to answer, others I had to think about.


Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Totally hot chocolate!  Especially when I can make the perfect portion in my Keurig.  I also bought those little marshmallows that don't get soggy in hot chocolate.  Yum!

Does Santa wrap presents are just put them under the tree?
At our house, Santa brings just one gift.  They are never wrapped and they are sitting by the fireplace and stockings (which he also stuffs).  The rest of the presents are from Mom and Dad and are underneath our tree in our front room.

Colored lights or white?
Actually neither.  We have a gold theme in our house, so naturally the tree has gold lights on it.  I always stock up on them when I find them because all gold lights are really hard to find!


When do you decorate?
I usually try to have the hubs bring up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Then the girls and I decorate the following weekend with popcorn and Christmas movies.

Real or Fake tree?
Fake.  Totally much bigger than we really have space for!

What tops your tree?
Believe it or not, we don't have a lot of room from the top of the tree to the ceiling.  So this year, our tree is topped by Perry the Platypus from Disney's Phineas and Ferb.


Favorite Christmas memories or Traditions
My daughters and I decorate our tree every year while watching Christmas movies and eating homemade popcorn.  No wonder why those ornaments are a little buttery!

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
I honestly can't remember a favorite gift.  I do remember wanting the game Mouse Trap for one Christmas.  I played with it for 1 day before I got tired of all the parts not working the correct way.  It was a lot of work to set up everything just right!

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving by far.  So much that I stress out every year either going overboard on my two girls or trying to find that perfect gift for friends.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Oh Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas hymn.  I love the dynamics and the power of the song.  I soloed on this song in high school and it has always stayed with me.  I also love "Merry Christmas With Love."  Clay Aiken made the song famous, but I prefer the original by Sandy Patti.

Candy Canes:  Yuck or Yum?
Yuck!  I feel the same with Candy Corn during Halloween.

Favorite Christmas movie
Elf

Do you shop online or at stores?
Both.  Big fan of Amazon!

Photo Cards, letter, or store bought cards?
Photo cards have been the staple in our house lately.  Relatives love to see pictures of the kids.  This year though, I will be sending New Year's cards instead of Holiday cards.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the linky party! I just got linked up today too. I love your Christmas tree and your tree topper!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    Come by my blog for the party when you get a chance!
    Many Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say hi from the linky party. Gold lights sound very elegant. Happy Holidays!!

    Resource Room Rules

    ReplyDelete