Pages

Image Map

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Goodreads

Have you ever heard of the website Goodreads?  It is a great website that combines the elements of your home bookshelf and Facebook.  I have been a member for about a year and a half.  The organizational control freak in me loves keeping track of all of the books that I have read.  Every member creates their own shelves and names for their shelves.  I have one shelf that I have called "Embarrassed by."  (This mostly includes my listening to Danielle Steel books on the way to and from work).

The other nice thing that the website offers is groups.  There are thousands of different groups you can join to talk about books.  Or you can just look at the group and see what books they have read.  If you have a certain reading appetite, they have a group for you!


You can connect with others that you know who are also members of the site.  I have mine set up so it automatically connects me with my Facebook friends.  You can see each others bookshelves and recommend books to each other.  I love it!

One of the things I did in January was to sign up for their 2013 Reading Challenge.  I pledged that I would read 52 books this year.  I figured I could handle a book a week.  As you can see, I am a little behind schedule, but I have every faith that I can do it!!

Look at the widgets on the sidebar of my blog.  The site also makes an app that works with your Apple or Android products.  Check it out and let me know what you think!  (I like it better than Shelfari - tons)!

No comments:

Post a Comment