Pages

Image Map

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Brownies! and Freebie!

Did that title catch your interest?  I'll bet it did!  That's how I felt when I saw this on Pinterest.  This idea was originally from Erin Stephan over at Snazzy in Second.  Click on the picture to check out her post to see how she uses it.


I pinned this right around the time that I decided on my reading theme of:  "Reading is So Delicious."  I thought that this could be a great way to motivate students.  So I am linking up again with Joanne over at Head Over Heels For Teaching.  She has a great linky going on over there!


So it got me thinking about how I could motivate the students in my small groups that I pull out.  I give homework for them everyday.  It usually has to do with the stories we read or sight word or word family work.  So I created this:


I can use this pretty much any way I please.  I can stamp or punch the numbers as the students complete the homework or exhibit the behavior that I want them to.  I started using it with my two daughters.  I asked each one what reward they would like to work for.  My oldest chose for me to make her favorite dinner:  beef stroganoff.  My youngest wanted a movie night with popcorn.  So far it is working well on the home front.  I can't wait to see how it will work with my students!  Click on the picture and it will take you to my freebie!

I know that you probably know already but, Teachers Pay Teachers is having a huge Back to School Sale.  Check out my sign below.  Use this time to get some things on your wish list.  I know I plan to!


Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment